Sous Chef. Permanent Contract. Four Star Hotel. Channel Islands
Four star Hotel on the Island of Jersey is looking for an ambitious Sous Chef (m/f) .
Duties will include combining culinary and supervisory skills to assist and deputise for the Head Chef the day-to-day running of section in compliance with the hotel policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will ensure that sections are kept hygienically clean and that equipment is maintained in good working order at all times and will promote team spirit by helping the spread of workflow.
Cookery qualifications to NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent, good supervisors skills and basic food hygiene (CIEH Level 2) are essential.
And you have previous relevant experience in a large environment with international cuisine.
It is a permanent contract.
For further information please contact Elisabeth in Salzburg:
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years culinary experience within an international large 4*/5* hotel to chef de partie level and previous experience in banqueting & restaurant kitchens.
The position requires a good level of spoken and written English, good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- ability to supervise/train others effectively
- ability to work under pressure and excellent time management
- highly self-motivated and good presentation
- good interpersonal manners and works well in a team
- adaptable, flexible and ready to learn
- EU-citizenship or a valid work permit for Jersey